Tuesday, April 28, 2009

7 more Jennifers...

Holy crap!  There are Jennifers everywhere!  

In the past 24 hours, I've been contacted by 7 different Jennifers, all living in / around Seattle.  I'm so surprised (but am I, really?) to hear from so many people so soon after starting the blog and posting a "Call for Jennifers" on Craig's List. 

There are a lot of us prowling around the planet.  Official proof (link provided by my pal, Anna) of the number of people named Jennifer in the 1970s from the Social Security Administration:  


Amazing.  And my parents thought they were unique...

I've been really intrigued to hear about the lives of some of the Jennifers who have contacted me.  I'm looking forward to setting up appointments to meet them and take their photographs for the exhibit.  I'm still looking for more!  If you are a Jennifer or know a Jennifer, please contact me:  coolchickphoto@me.com.  You need not live in the Seattle area to participate.

Here are a few excerpts from some of the Jennifer emails I've received recently:

Jen P, 35:
Always had at least three Jennifers in my classes. I tell everyone that all MY daughters will be cursed with interesting, beautiful names. But the chain isn't completely broken. My first husband insisted that our daughter have Jennifer as a middle name. I often wonder if she is the only one with Jennifer as amiddle name. :)  My kids names are: Alia Jennifer, Violet Ember, Aria Rose

Jenn I, 30-something:
I'm a 30-something yo Licensed Midwife.  My best friend from high school is also Jennifer.  She was Jen with one N and I was Jenn with 2 Ns.  When I lived in the Philippines and worked at a charity birth center there, I took on the nickname JennJo (my middle name is Jo) because of the other Jennifers coming through.  I have never liked being called Jenny because my mom's name is Genevieve and everyone has always called her Genny.  

Jen, 37:
Hi!  I'm another Jennifer, although I'm a Jenifer...one "n".  My mom was being original...HA!  So, it wasn't bad enough to be one of several Jennifers in every single class I was ever in, but I was the one who couldn't find my name spelled correctly on all the cool pencils, letterheads, keychains...you name it.  When I was in beauty school (a small, privately owned school), there were four of us on the floor at one time so we all had to have "nicknames". 

Jen R:
I'm intelligent, sexy, sensual and full of life. I'm an open minded person, adventure and creativity are my best friends. I've learned that life isn't about the destination, but the journey along the way. Life is about how we live each day and living each day as though it was our last and without regret. I enjoy being around intelligent, fun, and positive thinking people. I am a genuine, sincere, and trustworthy person.  Always up for an adventure at the drop of a hat, love to travel. I have a great sense of humor and love to have a good time.



1 comment:

Telle said...

Hi Jen! This seems like such a cool project! I will alert my friends named Jennifer (I have several). Side note: have you heard the song by Mike Doughty (former lead singer of Soul Coughing) called "Twenty-seven Jennifers"? I will have to have you listen to it. Not sure if it could be part of your project or not, but all of these Jennifers made me think of it! :)

Cheers,
Telle