I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that there were a zillion "The Jennifer Project" links (it's not that unique a name, let's face it folks), but I was... Not only was my blog the... um... 9 billionth listing in the search, but I learned:
1. There is a band named The Jennifer Project. No one in the band is named Jennifer. I feel like there are enough of us with the name so people who don't have it should not be allowed to claim it. I'm so sure. I liked a few of their songs, though...
2. The Jennifer Project is a book by Clyde W. Burleson about a highly? effective? acquisition of intelligence (with the code name: Jennifer) following the sinking of a Soviet submarine in the early 1970s. This book was also made into a Discovery Channel show.
3. The Jennifer Project is a qualitative research initiative undertaken by Gay and Gender Research. They describe their Jennifer Project: "In a world of strict gender roles and blatant heterosexism, one would wonder how an anatomical female who self-identifies as a, "bisexual multi-gendered person" could survive and thrive. This project is a qualitative exploration into the life of such a person, who will be referred to as "Jennifer."
4. You should check out this The Jennifer Project blog entry from Ms. Prolix.
5. Another Jennifer searching for Jennifers: http://www.youjennifer.com/2007/09/jennifer-project.html