Saturday, March 6, 2010

Another Seattle Jennifer

I am a 32-year-old caucasian Jennifer who lives here in Seattle with my husband of 12 years, 3 kids and our family dog. I am a clinical research associate with the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center where I run clinical trials for a type of therapy known as Gene Therapy, which is used in the context of stem cell (bone marrow) transplants to treat cancer and other genetic diseases. I grew up in the midwest and have lived all over the continental U.S. I frequently travel to Brazil and other countries to bring our therapy and clinical trials to underserved populations that have higher frequencies of certain genetic diseases than we do here in the U.S.

I have such pride in being a "jen". My middle name is Eileen and my maiden name was N***, so my initials, until I was married, were J.E.N. (thanks mom).

No comments: