Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What would my name be?

My mother once told me that when I was born she couldn't figure out what to name me.  I like to think that the Naming of Me was a big deal filled with amazing rituals and rattles and all sorts of crap, but they probably just saw a magazine with Jennifer O'Neill's picture and then that was it.

At some point, I vaguely remember my mother telling me that Bill Cosby had something to do with my name, but the story is foggy and my mother denies she ever said anything about it.  I must have dreamed it after watching a Cosby Show marathon.  I'm sure there were dancing sweaters in there, too.

So, for some reason I was thinking about the origin of my name today, and thought -- what if I had been named something else?

Would my life have been different?  Would yours?  

No comments: