Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jennifer Jones (March 2, 1919 – December 17, 2009)

Many Jennifers I have met were named after famed actress Jennifer Jones.  Jones won an Oscar in 1944 for her performance in "The Song of Bernadette."  She passed away in December 2009.

For some reason, I have been thinking about her today.

I found her obituary in The New York Times to be a bit sad; most of it discusses her "tumultous personal life" rather than showcasing her artistic or social contributions.  And, the obituary fails to highlighting the fact that she influenced tens of thousands of people to name their children after her.

A link to The New York Times obituary is below.  Rest in Peace, Jennifer Jones.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/18/movies/18jones.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was named after her, thanks to my mother!